CT-User

Band Map Question

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Band Map Question
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com)
Date: 11 Jul 94 08:20:00 +0600
This weekends' IARU contest was my first opportunity to try out the band
map feature on CT 9.02.

I, of course, found the often-noted bug that all the times get changed to the
last QSO time, which keep the spots from ever going "stale".  I assume that
will be fixed in 9.0X ?

The other strange behavior I found was after scanning up the band in S&P mode,
and then going back down to the bottom of the band for another S&P sweep,
a new band map was started above the previous band map, so my band map
looked something like this:

14001.1  G3SWH  1805
14012.6  S53R   1806
14025.2  ZL2AGY 1807
14002.3  W1GD   1745
14013.9  N6TR   1746
14037.2  F6CEL  1748

The spots were no longer in order of ascending frequency.  As I would tune
the frequency on my radio, the marker indicating I had landed on a previously
spotted frequency would bounce around between the 2 virtual band maps.

Is this a "feature" or a bug ?  If it is a "feature", could someone explain
the rationale ?

The only other bug I found, was that the "mult needed" message would occur
on virtually every QSO, although CT would correctly tabulate new mults based
on the zone field.  Maybe the "mult needed" message thought this was WPX
instead of IARU ?

I really enjoyed using CT 9.02, despite the strange band map.  I'm looking
forward to seeing it fixed, as well as all the other new features that Ken
has in mind for Version 9.

Steve London, N2IC/0
n2ic@longs.att.com