CT-User

PC com ports

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: PC com ports
From: jbarry@curia.ucc.ie (John Barry)
Date: 08 Aug 1994 18:42:33 +0100 (BST)
I am purchasing a new PC and I am wondering what is the best approach
to get the maximum from my com's ports.
I would like to use this pc in a multi-single setup, and as such it
would be nice to be able to control rig, tnc and link to the ct networkk.
To do this however, will take 4 ports, but what is the best
way to acheive this, avoiding interupt clashes etc.

I seem to remember that there was a discussion on this topic some months
back, so if somebody has that stuff archived, I would appreciate it!

thanks -

John

John Barry EI7DNB
jbarry@curia.ucc.ie