CT-User

Fonts for CT in VGA mode

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Fonts for CT in VGA mode
From: reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert -- MLO5-2/36A -- DTN 223-5747 11-Aug-1994 1108)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 11:04:13 -0400
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 07:34:22 pst
From: craigr@n6nd.nosc.mil
To: ct-user@mlo.dec.com

One of the nicest things about CT Ver 9 is the 50 line VGA mode which allows me
to have more windows than I really need.  However, the smaller letters had me
looking for the reading glasses.  I mentioned this to Brian, K6STI, and he said
he might have something that would help.  It seems he modified the standard
Seriff font to make it a little easier to read with MN and YO.  The letters are
a little larger but closer together with the end result that they take the same
number of pixels on the screen but are easier to read.  He has released this as
a $10 shareware program.  It's a TSR that can be loaded into high memory so it
doesn't take up much regular memory.

If you want to try it, it's on the CT-BBS as FONT106.ZIP.  Also available by
anonymous FTP from  N6ND.NOSC.MIL in the hamradio directory.  73...

Rick Craig N6ND
NRaD Code 848
craigr@marlin.nosc.mil