CT-User

CT NETWORK QUESTION

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT NETWORK QUESTION
From: reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C 01-Nov-1994 1647)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 16:44:19 -0500
Rich WB5M asked:

>1 - VG9HF shows as zone 1 when you hit f10, when in fact it was zone 5.  At
>    first I didn't think it was a big problem.  My plan was to go to cqww.cty
>    and edit.  Well after looking at it I really couldn't determine how ct
>    came up with zone 1 in the first place, let alone all the ve provinces.
>    Any ideas on how the Canadian province zones are determined?

It sounds like you had an old version of CT (were you using CT Versin 8?).

CT calculates VE zones internally (i.e.  not in the country file) based on
the # in the callsign.  However, this doesn't always work, and there are a
bunch of overrides in the country file, especially in light of the Canadian
prefix list that VE2ZP sent out a few weeks ago.

New Brunswick started using the VE9 prefix late on December 1, 1993.  CT8
had VE9 hard-coded to Zone 1.  CT9 has it properly hard-coded to Zone 5.  I
don't know if a version of CT8 was ever released with the new zone, it might
be only in really late versions (i.e.  something like 8.50 or greater).  I
can't check this at work right now.

If this is really a problem for people, let me know and I'll fix up
CQWW.CTY.  Send EMAIL to me, not the reflector, if you need this.

73 - Jim AD1C
reisert@eng.pko.dec.com