CT-User

V9.26 Key via LPT1

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: V9.26 Key via LPT1
From: 0006364621@mcimail.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 95 14:49 EST

I have received a number of repsonses here on the
reflector to my tale of woe regarding my inability
to send CW via LPT1. So far nothing from K1EA, et. al.

No one has suggested a solution, but one person who
seems to have similar setup (WA0PUJ) says his is
working fine (even better than ever!).

Another person with 9.26 (W6XR/2) claims the same problem
I am having, and is considering retrograding to V8.xx.

A number of folks have asked if my setup is right. Yes,
I am quite sure it is. Also, I am sure my interface
circuit is OK because it works with a previous version
of CT. Basically it is the parallel circuit shown on
page 18 of the documentation.

I have now built a serial interface and, using COM1,
I can key the radio just fine. Sure would like to key
from LPT1 however!

So it seems to boil down to "it works on some machines
but not others".

Perhaps to establish any "pattern" of the problem, anyone
who has V9.26 and has tried keying via LPT1 could summarize
their experience and situation in the format I have done
below. K1EA can then capture it and perhaps make some sense
of it and find a cure for 9.27?

Can you key via LPT1?             No

Can you key via COMx?             Yes

What version of CT?               9.26

Have you successfully keyed
 LPT1 with an earlier CT Version? Yes (6.19)

CPU?                              Compaq Proliea
                                  486/DX-33MHz

RAM?                              8 Meg

OS?                               Win95

I have tried three setups within Win95.

  1 - Running as a "windowed app".
  2 - Running from a Win95 DOS prompt.
  3 - Shut down and restart in "bare" DOS.

V9.26 failed to key via LPT1 in all three cases,
but V6.19 ran fine in all three cases.

73, de Hans, K0HB

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com