CT-User

Bus mouse in radio out

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Bus mouse in radio out
From: rlaity@fox.nstn.ca (Rick Laity)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 02:26:51 -4
G'day eh.
I replaced my serial mouse with a bus mouse so I could use comport 1
and 2 and now ct just times out trying to communicate with my ic735.
I am also running win95 and it makes no difference if I'm in a dos
box or boot under dos.
The scenario -
com1 - irq4 address 3F8
com2 - irq3 address 2F8
com3 - internal modem irq4 address 3E8
com4 - none
Bus mouse - set to irq2 on card which then gets cascaded to irq9,
address 23C. (this is a microsoft bus mouse)
The tnc seems to work fine on com1 or 2, the radio works on neither.
It just says the radio is not responding or times out. If I try to
enter a freq on the callsign line it times out but does send the
radio to about 7003.5. If I attempt to do this in 9.26 it boots me
out to dos with a gpf and gives me the state of all the registers.
I pulled out the modem in case there was a conflict but it made no
difference.

I send cw with lpt1 which works fine with all versions. By the way it
does have ECP but is set to off by a jumper.

I'm using Logmaster++ as a general log and all of the above work
perfectly in a dos box. It also works with a demo of Logic4 that I'm
trying out.

My previous configuration was - serial mouse on com1, radio on com2
and this also worked flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Rick
Rick Laity VE1AZN          |