CT-User

LPT pinouts

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: LPT pinouts
From: jtolbert@sprite.gremlan.org (Jamie Tolbert)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 13:55:40 -0500 (EST)
Why is the escape bit for the dvk on a different port? some of this is
new to me but is this why my w9xt card doesnt work with 9.26 even though
my lpt port is not bi-directional?? works fine with 9.22 but escape does
not stop transmission . i to would prefer that dvk keying be on lpt2 so
that lpt1 be reserved for other conventional uses . cw keying on lpt2 in
9.22 works fine but not on 9.26 . how would one use a voice keyer with
the pinouts on 2 different ports?? simply hard wire one pin from lpt2 to
the proper place on the dvk??or is ther more to it that that ??
73  Jamie WW3S  jtolbert@gremlan.org