CT-User

[ct-user] CT <> TR <> others

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT <> TR <> others
From: Doug Smith <desmith@telalink.net> (Doug Smith)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 22:47:03 -0500 (CDT)
At 02:33 PM 6/5/97 +1200, you wrote:
>Where TR and others fail is in the User Interface, maybe I find this due to
>being used to CT,...

Absolutely.  I tried TR about 2 years ago, used it in one contest, and put
it on the shelf.  Just got too confused.

Decided to try it again last fall, and stuck with it.  After one flubbed
contest and one nervous contest, it clicked.  ARRL DX CW went quite well,
and in the WPX CW just past I felt quite at home with Tree's program.  (also
broke 1million points for the first time ever<g>)

Contest software is fundamentally different from virtually every other
application in existance, in that speedy and intuitive operation are
fundamental.  (if it takes you an extra second to remember how to underline
marked cells in Lotus 1-2-3, it won't at all affect the quality of your work
as an accountant - but if it takes you an extra second to send A45ZN his
exchange, it could damage your score!)  Practice, with whatever package you
use, is critical.

73 Doug

Douglas E. Smith W9WI/4
1385 Old Clarksville Pike