CT-User

[ct-user] CT9.27 - IC765

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.27 - IC765
From: Dick Wilder (K3DI)" <wilder@abs.net (Dick Wilder (K3DI))
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

>I just built the computer to radio(ICOM765) interface using the MAX232
>chip. The radio sends proper frequency and band changes to the
>computer and it is displayed perfectly on the computer and CT responds
>fine, including a packet 'anouncement'....BUT the reverse is not true,
>nothing happens at the radio if I give CT a band-change, a frequency
>change, or a packet spot 'grab' instruction....I get the message RADIO
>NOT ECHOING......I have been thru the interface looking for wiring errors,
>changed chips, etc but nothing changes.......
>Any suggestions? Any  quirks to a CT/ ICOM interface I am missing?
>     Ron.K5PN  rchambers@aquirre.com

>Sounds like you don't have the right IC-765 address. The -765 sends its
>band change packets to the broadcast address which the computer picks up.
>Going the other way, there needs to be a specific address in the packet
>or the -765 ignores it. I don't have my references here, but the symptoms
>are clear. In the -765 manual, it shows a dip switch that you can set to
>determine the address on the CI-V bus. Check that switch to be sure it is
>at the default value.
>      73  Dave  K1MBO  dpotter@bbn.com

I had the same problem with a IC-737A on CT 9.34.  CT could receive from
the radio but the radio was deaf and CT kept showing "radio time out"
notices.  Dave's reply certaily are consistant with the symptoms.
But, I have used this 737A with earlier CT9' versions with no problems
and the 737A still has a 3CH address. Could it be that somehow CT has
messed up its table of models verses addresses?  (Note how easy it is to
point my finger when haven't a clue <grin>.)
     73, Dick Wilder, K3DI wilder@clark.net (alternate: wilder@abs.net)