CT-User

[ct-user] CT9.27 - IC765

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.27 - IC765
From: Dave Potter <dpotter@bbn.com> (Dave Potter)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:00:07 -0400
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
>Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:22:31 -0500
>From: Ron Chambers <rchambers@aguirre.com>
>To: ct-user@contesting.com
>Subject: [ct-user] CT9.27 - IC765
>Sender: owner-ct-user@contesting.com
>

>I just built the computer to radio(ICOM765) interface using the MAX232
>chip. The radio sends proper frequency and band changes to the
>computer and it is displayed perfectly on the computer and CT responds
>fine, including a packet 'anouncement'....BUT the reverse is not true,
>nothing happens at the radio if I give CT a band-change, a frequency
>change, or a packet spot 'grab' instruction....I get the message RADIO
>NOT ECHOING......I have been thru the interface looking for wiring errors,
>changed chips, etc but nothing changes.......
>
>Any suggestions? Any  quirks to a CT/ ICOM interface I am missing?
>
>Ron.K5PN
>
>--
>Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
>Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Sounds like you don't have the right IC-765 address. The -765 sends its
band change packets to the broadcast address which the computer picks up.
Going the other way, there needs to be a specific address in the packet or
the -765 ignores it. I don't have my references here, but the symptoms are
clear. In the -765 manual, it shows a dip switch that you can set to
determine the address on the CI-V bus. Check that switch to be sure it is
at the default value.

73

Dave
K1MBO
David Potter                                    617-873-2308
GTE Internetworking/BBN Technologies    617-873-5672 Fax
733 Concord Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138                             dpotter@bbn.com