CT-User

[ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D
From: Joe L Blackwell <aa4nn@juno.com> (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:29:45 -0500
The CT LPT1 keying circuit can modified.  Put .01 capacitors at the
transistor's base to ground and at the transistor's emitter to ground.
This solved my RF problem when 1500 watts output would key-down my rig on
20 meters with the beam at 330 deg.
73, de Joe - AA4NN

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:52:28 -0000 "Thomas Koglin"
<thomas.koglin@planet-interkom.de> writes:

> >I see RF problems posted from time to time.  Just wanted to pass along
> >tip.  I have a Yaesu 1000D and I had RF drive me crazy at the
beginning of
> >the contest.  Went through a lot of gyrations (toroids, other versions
of
> >CT, etc.) but the bottom line fix was to pull the keyer plug out of
the
> >front of the rig and leave only the CT keying plug in the back of  the
rig.
> >Yes, I used shielded cable.  Anything above 400 watts would lock  the
rig in
> >xmit.  I pulled the plug from the front and ran legal limit for the
rest of
> >the weekend.  For what it's worth . . .
> >
> >Ron ND5S
> Hello
>
> I´ve had the same problems with this rig, but only on 15m and pwr more
than 500W.
> I did not try the plug in the back - tnx for the tip - but have solved
this> problems by using of some toroids in front as well.