CT-User

[ct-user] CT and PK-900

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and PK-900
From: Hans - K0HB <k0hb@arrl.org> (Hans - K0HB)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:54:44 -0600
Joe Stepansky wrote:

> I know it's late for this, but does anyone have experience using the AEA
> PK-900 for packet on CT.
>
> For some reason, I simply can't get the sucker to go into Converse mode.
> Here's what happens:
>
> The PK-900 normally works with PcPakratt for Windows, and runs in Command
> mode.  But CT needs Converse mode.  I've tried setting Converse mode from
> Packratt, but the Converse indicator goes on for a millisecond and the 900
> goes back to command mode.
>
> So I go into CT, and open the Packet window.  I turn the PK-900 off, and
> turn it back off with the Reset button pressed.  Sure enough, it tells me to
> start the autobaud routine by pressing *.  I press * once, nothing.  Twice,
> nothing.  But I know that CT is seeing the 900, I just can't send anything
> to it.
>
> I've tried both 8N1 and 7E1 settings with no luck.  I'm using 1200 baud, no
> luck.
>
> OK, that's where I'm at.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Or does anyone
> have a "script" I can follow to get CT and the 900 to play well together?
>
> Thanks!  I am really tired of working Single Op.

I have used the PK900 for years with CT.  It works flawlessly!

2 key things:

Thing #1:  Don't run from a "window" -- do a "Reboot to DOS".

Thing #2:  Run the appropriate COMTSR utilities to setup your
           ports.

73, Hans, K0HB

--
"There is nothing ; absolutely nothing; half so much
 worth doing, as simply messing about in boats."