CT-User

[ct-user] CT and Radios Help needed

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Radios Help needed
From: Al <n1api@home.com> (Al)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:38:16 -0400
Saturday, I went down to the club, (W1NRG) and worked with someone
else to get the club's radios interfaced with CT.  We have a TS-450S
and a TS-690S.  I was able to interface the radios and CT together
but the one thing which I could not get to work was ALT-F4 and ALT-F5,
the commands to Grab DX Spot and Steal Frequency to work.  Pressing
ALT-F4 once takes me to 14.000 MHZ and pressing it again moves back
to the frequency I started on.  The spot is showing on the logging
screen so I figured that this my be a problem with the radio.

Sunday I decided to hook my Yaesu 1000 MP Mark V up to my home
contesting computer and found the same problems with the ALT-F4 and
ALT-F5 commands with this radio too.  I now think that it is either
a problem with CT, or maybe I'm thinking that CT is supposed to be
doing something that it can't do.

Any one have any ideas why these two commands don't function?  Every-
thing else seems to work, you change the radio, CT changes or you
change CT and the radio changes.  I can type a frequency on the
logging line and the radio moves to that frequency, (and CT band
change follows).  Any ideas or help why ALT-F4 and ALT-F5 doesn't
function would be appreciated.  This is my first experience with
interfacing CT and frequency control of radios, though I've had CT
hooked to the cluster for quite a while both here and at the club.

-73-  Al  N1API