CT-User

[ct-user] Running CT-9.67 under Windows

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Running CT-9.67 under Windows
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:03:18 -0000
November 8,2001

Hello to all,

After using CT for contest logging for many years I only just subscribed to
this reflector today. The subjects I will request information on might seem
a little old to this reflector. I ask you  to please bare with me.

I have been using CT 9.49 for some time now. To run this version in my
station computer which is a PII 400 MHz I change the hard drive to one that
has a DOS operating system on it. This is easy to do because the hard drives
are mounted in removable draws. Other computers I own and my Laptop dose not
allow this feature. I would like to use CT on these other Windows based
computers and also my laptop for field operations such as Field Day.

I was told that the current program update to version 9.67 allows running CT
on a Windows based operating system. Checking the CT Web site I find a
disclaimer and no support information in doing this.

Is there a correct way to run CT under windows? Should the computer be
booted up running DOS or can I switch to DOS while in Windows? Are there any
limits or drawbacks to running CT on a Windows based machine? Is a RAMDRIVE
still needed?

I am shore there are points about running CT under Windows that I will never
think of asking.

Please help.
Rich AA2MF
aa2mf@arrl.net