CT-User

[ct-user] PTT Asserted on Startup, 9.92 and 10?!

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] PTT Asserted on Startup, 9.92 and 10?!
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:26:41 +0000
Good Morning, All:

I'm having a problem with the PTT line being asserted when CT is
started.  Often, nothing will clear it.

To diagnose the problem, I installed DOS 6.22 on a newly formatted
partition on a laptop, ran the old CT setup program and installed
9.92-001.

When I start CT, and enter a bin filename "test," which does not
exist (no test.bin file), the PTT line is keyed when I hit return.
This is using a WX0B SO2R master box (actually, two different ones).

John Evans and I have seen similar problems on three computers,
with versions 9.92 and 10.  In some cases, stopping and restarting
CT and the TSR's clears up the problem.  In others, the PTT line
remains asserted at all times.  I have seen the PTT line cleared
after going through the startup menus and configuring ports and
setup.

Before I spend any more time chasing this down, and trying to figure
out exactly why and when the problem occurs, has anyone seen this
problem or anything like it?

Thanks in advance and 73.

Mark, KD4D