CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT-MFJ 434

To: kk4si@earthlink.net, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT-MFJ 434
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:47:09 -0500
What do you mean by this?  Do you want to key it from CT?

There is a schematic on page 14 of the manual.  Setup CT to use one of the LPT
ports, making sure that it is configured properly (like ECP).  Pins 3,4,5, &6
correspond to messages F1, F2, F3, F4.  Output of the parallel port is 5V
positive going.  Ground is 11.  One problem you will have to solve is that the
STOP function in the 434 is a separate button.  On the DVP card it is ESC.
You will find that you will only get 3 messages out of this setup, having to
probably dedicate one F button to STOP.