CT-User

[ct-user] CT Networking

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT Networking
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:51:02 -0500
I am trying to network CT-dos and CT-win over ethernet. I have a network card
(3Com 3c905B-txnm)
installed in the dos pc.  The dos packet driver appears to load ok and K1TTT's
NETTSR also appears
to load as well.

After loading these and trying to ping from the win pc, the ping times out with
no response. In
addition the dos pc appears to lock up. It will not accept any keyboard
commands and I have to
re-boot.  The "dos" pc is actually a Win98SE machine which I've booted to a dos
command prompt on
startup. (could this be the problem?) The win pc is my dedicated "radio" pc
which is connected to
the network and is performing normally.

The network router is a Belkin BEL1KQW cable/DSL/wireless with a built-in
4-port hub. I've tried
this with DHCP on and off with no difference.

Suggestions? Advice? HELP!?

TIA,
73, Ted W4NZ