CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT DOS Users Check your Log times for WPX

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <CT-User@contesting.com>,"R Johnson" <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT DOS Users Check your Log times for WPX
From: "ct-user-owner (K1EP)" <ct-user-owner@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:34:34 -0400
There are plenty of reasons for anyone to set their computer to whatever time
zone they want.  The purpose of the list is not to chastise a user, but to help
with the problem.  You haven't helped solve the problem, you have given a work
around that might not suit the user.

Bob, there is nothing special about the DST updates for your computer.  What
you most likely have, is a variable in one of your configuration files, such as
autoexec.bat.  There is a variable called TZ which stands for TimeZone.  Check
the value of the variable.  You can do that in a dos prompt by typing SET.  If
you show a variable TZ, then it is being set in autoexec.bat or whatever batch
file you might use to start up CT.  If that isn't your problem, then there are
other things you might want to look at, but this is most likely the problem.

As far as using CT_TIME, typing CT_TIME in a dos shell will get you the command
line prompt.  Essentially it asks  for the bin file name (make a copy first)
and a time offset in minutes.  It will then create a new bin file.  Make sure
you use the correct version for CT10.