CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT-DOS

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT-DOS
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:15:50 -0500
I can go Andy one better; I remember the day that CT 6.1 was demonstrated at
Dayton -- I was so impressed that I walked out of the demonstration, found a
vendor who was selling the 5-1/4" disk (which I still have), bought it on
the spot, and got back in time to see the end of the demo.

Jim, I understand that Ken still owns & controls the fate of CT, so this is
not directed at you -- but for what it's worth, even though I switched to
CTWin 10 quite a while ago, I'd still be willing to pay a small fee for an
upgrade if it would keep CT in development.

I think you can count on the DOS version staying in use as long as an MS-DOS
compatible command prompt is available, one way or another.  I'd love to see
a true Windows version out, and I'm sure the Linux gang would love to see
one too.

And I'd personally love to see some expansion in the available contests.

Yes, I know, all this ultimately costs money; as I said, if an update costs
a few bucks, I can afford it now, I'll do my part.

Surely there must be a way to keep CT alive for now and into the future, and
not left to wither on the vine!

73, ron w3wn