CT-User

[ct-user] CTWin and VISTA

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: [ct-user] CTWin and VISTA
From: "Alan Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:54:26 -0800
Hello Jim,

Hope you are enjoying the snow in CO.  Just please don't pee in it.  When it
melts it flows down the CO river to Lake Mead at Hoover Dam and becomes my
drinking water.  HI HI

I was checking the CT archives for info on CT and WIN VISTA and found your two
related posts below.

I bought a new laptop at a Dec 26 sale which has VISTA installed.  In
anticipation of this weekend's ARRL CW DX Contest I tried to install CTWin.  I
followed your excellent pages on the CT Website and downloaded the CTWin exe
program and ran the install program.  The install went OK but then when I tried
to start and run CT the following occurred:
I get the first CT window.  At ENTER FILE NAME: I used TEST and hit ENTER.
That gave me a little VISTA window that said: OPEN TVic FAILED.  I clicked on
OK.  Nothing happened.  I then clicked on the X in the upper right hand corner
of this window and it closed.  I then got the info sheet page.  I filled in all
the blanks and tabbed through all the entries.  I then hit CTL+ENTER.  That
gave me the page showing the files, etc and told me to hit any key to continue.
 I hit ENTER and got the logging page with a VISTA window that said: CTWIN.EXE
HAS STOPPED WORKING.  When I closed this VISTA window CT closed.

I wonder if any remedies have been discovered to make CT work with CT?  In the
meantime I will use my other PC with WIN XP for the contest.

73

Jim, AD1C wrote:

CTWin sorta runs on Vista.  Ken and I were trying to debug it a couple of
months ago.  He thought he got it working, made a bunch of QSOs, then the next
day it didn't work again.  I was using Vista-64 I don't know if Ken was using
-32 or -64.

I do not recommend running CT on Windows Vista, although maybe others have had
a different experience.

73 - Jim AD1C

Has anyone made CTWin work on Windows Vista? I'm using the 64-bit
version, and the program stops working once it gets to the logging
screen (main program).

73 - Jim AD1C