CT-User

[ct-user] CT and clocking under Windows XP

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CT and clocking under Windows XP
From: Richard <w3rj@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:38:41 -0500
I have been using CT (9 for DOS) for years but on older machines under
the Windows 98SE OS.  I have up-graded my PC hardware and now have two
newer machines running under Windows XP.  CT works fine on these machine
with the exception of the clock-time stamp information.  While the PCs
do keep the correct time, once CT is launched the CT clock runs slow
with respect to real time.  After a few hours the displayed CT time lags
the real time by several minutes.  I can easily lose an hour over
night.  This is a disaster for a weekend contest.

Has anyone else observed this issue?  If so, is there a fix?

I would try the latest version of CT (10) or even CTWIN but I understand
that the log format is not the same as the one used in CT9 and I'm not
thrilled about doing a lot of conversions.

Thank you,
Rich W3RJ