CT-User

Re: [ct-user] RE Directing A:/ drive

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] RE Directing A:/ drive
From: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:23 -0500
Hi Gang,

wo2n wrote:
> Hi Anyone have the procedure?
>
> I was told that there was a way in Windows  to redirect A drive back ups,to
> another drive.

Here's a procedure I wrote up in 2007 at:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CT-User/2007-08/msg00009.html

Goes something like this:

If you have a USB flash drive, you can use it and
simply remap it to the A: drive.  Insert the USB
flash drive into one of the front panel USB sockets.
In my case, it turned out to be the J: drive.  It
will likely be something else on other systems.

Then, I went to the Windows Desktop and right-clicked
on "My Computer."  Clicked on "Manage" and "Disk
Management."  All the drives appear in the upper right
portion of the resulting window.  Then, I right-clicked
on the J: drive and "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
to call it the A: drive.

That probably sounds harder than it really is.
It's just a few appropriate clicks to change the
drive letter.

Of course, the flashing light on the USB flash
drive is a little annoying...  :-)

73,
Bob
K3PH