CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Is CT development dead?

To: "Charles W. Shaw" <chasshaw@leaco.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Is CT development dead?
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:34:38 -0700
Charles,

Unfortunately Ken K1EA and the great people who wrote or supported CT in the
past, do not have time to keep
it updated except for "emergency" type changes for the many users still
using CT

I use the DOS version ( as I have seen on this reflector, that the WINDOWS
version of CTWIN always seems to have issues )
and I use old WIN98 machines which are and hopefully will remain plentiful
til I go to rooom temperture  ( Toes crossed )

As a long term solution, I think if someone could *BUY* the CT  rights  (
source code etc )
from K1EA and compensate him and the other hams that assisted Ken in
supporting this venerable and STILL very useful
contest logging program for MANY years - CT could then remain to be a very
viable program.
( Hard to find software guys that like to work for free, especially in these
tough economic times and keeping
programs like this up to date can burn people out.... even if they were
being paid for their effort ! )

For MANY Contestors, CT remains a very viable and useful program with few
bugs.

If you are forced to go to a Windows based Contest Logging Program, I can
highly recommend
WIN-TEST ( Not Freeware ) as I have been told it is like CT on Steroids

It will not crash as much as WriteLog or N1MM  and is easier to setup
according to my contesting computer techno geeks that have set up and used
WriteLog or N1MM

MHO ( I have NO pecuniary interest in this matter and I have just donned my
asbestos underwear )

73, Dennis N6KI