Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet Needs Better Documentation

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet Needs Better Documentation
From: Scott Stevens <scott@scottstevens.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:52:51 -0600
On 6/9/02 3:18 AM, "Terry Bomersbach" <terryb@the-cia.net> wrote:

> Okay, I'm going to hop onto the bandwagon.  Karlnet needs to stop all R&D
> right now and completely forget about creating all those new features.
>
> They need to devote all of their energy into documenting everything their
> product can do for us.  I'm so tired of trying to figure it out on my own
> and I'm too damned lazy and cheap to wait for Lucent to come out with docs
> on these features or purchase the product from Lucent.
>
> Okay, that said, doesn't that sound absolutely rediculous?  They have a
> really good product that works well.  They have a staff that's working to
> improve this product and to try and address legitimate problems with this
> product.  Gripes about documentation are pretty lame IMO when the product
> does everything that it does and can be had for 1/3 of the cost of the
> Lucent equivilent.
>
> I've personally done things with the TurboCell/Lucent COR that none of the
> documentation ever even dreamed of thinking about.  Yes, the product does
> have limitations and restrictions but that's the issues that need to be
> brought up with Karlnet and not the dang documentation.
>
> Here's a thought.  Charles and Scott, wanna get together and release a
> "Karlnet for Dummies" book?  It could generate some secondary revenue.

Karlnetsupport.com is mine.  I own it and have for over 1.5 years.
Also karlnetsucks.com is mine, from back when it was a very buggy and
featureless product (IMO, having 75% empty menus) and also the terrible
support (my reason for BOTH domains).  Aside the doc issue I consider
Karlnetsucks.com to be a moot point.

I guess I can't blame Karlnet too bad, I registered those sites a long time
ago and have yet to get a thread of information up myself.  However being
that it is their bread and butter they ought to heed your request super
seriously.  Maybe I have no docs written myself because I have spent more
time teaching and supporting Karlnet users and myself...

Doug, you cut my payroll check yet??
Maybe I'll just take  15% off of the price of Karlnet and keep supporting.

I'm actually beginning to get some stuff written and documented.  Likely
just a minor amount.  I think that we should not be creating the FIRST docs
for Karlnet as we are here (and no guys, the 35 page word doc is somewhat
useless) but we should be adding our little "guess what we found" to the
product.  Instead of reengineering it ourselves we should be able to focus
on finding the cool stuff or true bugs...

Grumble,grumble...
If you have things to submit for karlnetsupport.com please do send them this
way, I will also submit them to wispnotes for redundancy.

--
Scott Stevens
800-815-4682

orders@scottstevens.net
support@scottstevens.net
"Every product imaginable at the lowest prices!"