RE: [Karlnet] Proper CPE Config?

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Proper CPE Config?
From: "Eric Meth" <emeth@iescomm.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:19:52 -0400
Sorry for the false post a moment ago
You have it set correctly
on the RG:
Open Remote Config
Setup General and enable the options you want (Outgoing NAT and DHCP) You
only have to use incoming NAT if you want to port forward to other IP
addresses internally
Go to IP Setup and set your IP address to the public side as you have done
IP Address, Netmask & default gateway
Go to the Outgoing NAT setup screen and set your Public IP, Public Netmask,
Internal IP and Internal Netmask
Go to the DHCP Server setup and setup you DHCPstart, end, default router
(all internal addresses), default router netmask, DNS1, DNS2 and which port
you want the server to run, usually the ethernet of the RG
Big mistake that I often make is to forget the proper Internal IP on the
Outgoing NAT setup.
You can run both bridging and NAT but then all your internal IPs are exposed
to your wireless network. If all you want to do is tie several LANs together
that works fine.
Hope this help
Eric Meth
IES Wireless