Re: [Karlnet] 3.88 polling will not work over 13 clients

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] 3.88 polling will not work over 13 clients
From: "Larry Yunker" <leyunker@cbcast.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:50:59 -0600
If you have 20 business clients on the AP, does that indicate that you have
20 business NETWORKS on this AP?  Each network could have many workstations.
You could have 200+ computers hitting that single AP.

Ok... enough speculation... in answer to your question, you should look at
the specifics.  How much traffic is flowing through your AP? What type of
traffic is flowing through the AP? Is something different about the traffic
flow during those 700ms spikes?  What about signal SNR to/from your clients
do ANY of your clients have weak links with lots of lost
packets/retransmissions?  Dig a little lower than to assume a Firmware
issue.  It might be firmware, but it might be something to do with the
environment and the task at hand.