Re: [Karlnet] AP1000 loosing one card

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP1000 loosing one card
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:06:21 -0200
On 22 Nov 2002, at 16:48, Karlnet Support wrote:

Hi:

> Helio,
>
> This is interesting.  What version of code are you running on this AP?

4.02

> We load firmware to the radio when the AP boots to turbocell (v7.52
> specifically).  We load v8.10 in 802.11b mode.

Ok.

> Was this problem from the start, or has unit been functioning normally then
> quit?

Yes, it works nicely. The problem could happen in the middle of the night,
or during the day. The load is not high in the bridges.

Other company is using FH equipment not far. The noise floor is normal.
The performance also. It happens in two differente bridges that are linked
together, the following way:

ISP - ether-  BRIDGE 1 (Karlnet) <-> BRIDGE 2 (Karlnet) <-> BRIDGE 3
(Karlnet).

The card that uplinks Bridge 2 (satellite) to BRIDGE 1 died twice. The card
in Bridge 3 that uplinks to Bridge 2 also has died twice. Most of time a
single reboot solves. Once the second slot of BRIDGE 2 died (used to
link the satellites) - only a hard reboot (off/on) solved. I've exchanged the
pcmcia card in that slot for another and the problem did not happen again.
Could be a issue with the pcmcia cards ? Overheatting or something like that
?

Best Regards,
Helio.

-