Re: [Karlnet] Config Wish

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Config Wish
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:12:09 -0600
I have a php script/webpage that will perform these steps.  I don't remember
where I found it but it gives all the information that I was looking for.

Client name
Client MAC
SNR
Signal
Noise
etc.

However, when using it, I've see REALLY bad things going on.  Each client
that hit loses connectivity for about 7 seconds and starts behaving strongly
thereafter.  I had one this morning that seemed as if the transmitter on the
radio was going out.  Doing a link test with the normal config program
showed that it was receiving great signal but the AP could barely hear this
thing.  The signal on the AP was jumping all over the place but usually low
enough that I couldn't pass any traffic to the device.  Nobody else in the
area was having any problems and there was zero noise spikes at the AP.
Once I finally got the config program to do a remote reboot, things were
fine.

-bob