Mac limit (was RE: [Karlnet] AP1000 limitation)

Subject: Mac limit (was RE: [Karlnet] AP1000 limitation)
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:08:29 -0300
On 24 Feb 2003 at 16:04, Charles Chia Sheng Wu wrote:

> have you tried upgrading to 4.31? if you've got 4.02...it doesn't cost you
> anything

Hi:

   I've tried also. Didn't work either.

   But I finally find out why: there's a limit on the mac address entries
in "TurboCell Access List". In my tests, the maximum number of macs
that it would allow is 15, if you use that access control. To go further
you need to use RADIUS authentication.

   I think it would be very nice if Karlnet states that limit in the
Configurator...
If you have more than 15 entries, the bridge ignores the latest entries and
the device, although allowed by the mac entry, never gets connected to the
bridge...

Regards,
Helio.

-