[Karlnet] Prisim II cards

Subject: [Karlnet] Prisim II cards
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:44:07 -0500
I played around a bit last night with two different prisim 2 cards.

I had a Engenius(rebranded seano) and a SMC "high power card" with the
external antenna connectors.  At 8 miles, I was seeing 5-6db better
transmitt power from the Engenius card.  Both cards are supposed to be the
same output power and have the same connector so the only thing that ever
changed was the radio in the RG.  The power levels from the Engenius card
also seemed much more stable while the SMC card really seemed to fluctuate
quite.

I had the latest FW on both cards (1.7 and 1.1.1, I think).  I could get
signal and noise values on both sides from the RG with the SMC Card, those
values are only available from the AP with the Engenius card.  I don't know
how the SMC cards are going to hold up but the engenius cards seem to be
doing very well with heat and outdoor enclosures.  I've not heard such good
things about the SMC/Zcomax cards.

-bob