RE: [Karlnet] Engenius CB3 Questions

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Engenius CB3 Questions
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:58:37 -0500
Larry,

1. I really think (about 90% sure) this is a problem in the Intersil
firmware, and we cannot change that.  As for less expensive boards: The
KN-100 lists for $150.  Since we sell them through distributors, there
is a little markup for them, but frankly, Karlnet is only making a
couple dollars per board.  The problem here is you are comparing the
KN-100 to an RG-1000.  It is more accurate to compare the KN-100 to an
AP-1000.  Regardless, we have a more affordable board, the KN-50 which
is Ubicom based, but it will always have limited features.  We are
working on SEC software for it now, and it should be released shortly.
Street price for the board, radio and 802.11 software (not sure of the
features yet, probably just bridging- but it is 802.11 NOT TurboCell),
should be $155 (BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE POWER SUPPLY).
The KN-50 supports PoE.  We will have them in embedded antennas as well,
with a list price of $295 COMPLETE!

Kevin