Re: [Karlnet] KN-100/200 with PoE overheats

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-100/200 with PoE overheats
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:16:02 -0500
Sergey Holod wrote:
On Tuesday 28 October 2003 20:57, Dan Metcalf wrote:
DM> are you using any type of fan as well?

No, we don't use.
Usually we put boards into waterproof plastic boxes ~ 12'x8'x3'
to attach them near antennas.
Don't think any heatsink can cool it with such small volume of air.

Previously we powered it also over ethernet cable using selfmade
supply with 12V output. It worked rather well.

I read in the documentation that it is not recommended to use plastic boxes as the heat diffusion capabilities are poor.

Go to http://www.karlnet.com/Documents/DocumentsManuals.htm and download the integration manual and note under the quick summary the instruction not to do precisely this.

Chris