Re: [Karlnet] KN50 packet loss bug

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN50 packet loss bug
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:56:26 -0800 (PST)
We have quite a few of these on our network and most
work without any major problems. This issue appears to
be intermitant or perhaps some boards are just faulty.
We had our first 'lemon' the other day, in a low noise
area with good SNR. We tried the Karlnet supplied Dell
card, Orinoco silvers and Prism based cards in the
KN50 - only the Prism works without any significant
packet loss!! Replacing the KN50 board made no
difference - which I suppose suggests a software
issue. We tested the install with a laptop and karlnet
Windows client and Orinoco silver with no problems.
We've had a second faulty KN50 today, we replaced this
with an RG1000 + silver card and it works great...

I'll send Reg the details requested in a previous post
tomorrow when I am back in the office. Please keep us
posted on this one Reg, even if you can just tell us
when it happens we may be able to save wasted time
troubleshooting new installs.

Cheers,

Paul