[Karlnet] karlnet mac

To: karlnet@WISPnotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] karlnet mac
From: Scott <wifiengineer@telsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:56:21 -0500
I am curious about the MAC authentication tables on the Karlnet firmware.  Has
anyone found a proper way to only deny mac address a.b.c.d.e.f and allow all
others, including transient users, like in a hotspot? Good old virus syn
attacks giving me the blues as always (what is the packet per second threshold
on these things, 25?) and it is on a tower that is both a hotspot and a client
distribution point.  This situation always bothers me, as it is very
inefficient to have track down and remove every winblows user who thinks the
email they just got with the olsontwins.exe picture in it isn't a virus.  I
think it would be in all of our best interests to push for a solution, either
with or without karlnet's help.