Re: [Karlnet] SNMP values for configuring cacti

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] SNMP values for configuring cacti
From: Scott <wifiengineer@telsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:31:23 -0500
        My experience with the raw snmp values for SNR is that in order to get
a return value, the Karlnet device needs to be nailed with the right snmp value
and query.
        If you try and view snmp when a link test is open between two units
(base/sattelite) with the karlnet config, the values are correct, (although it
helps when they are absolute numbers), but when you view snmp with no link test
open, it looks dead.  I have asked Karlnet what the proper snmp query is
supposed to be but never got an answer.  No big deal, but can anyone help with
what snmp value is supposed to be sent to query the unit and initiate the link
test.
        I am not sure if RRDtools or MRTG supports that kind of stuff, I am
still trying to evaluate what happens when you push "link test", it polls for
devices, and then you click the device and >?????....

thx

BTW Brad.. I have gotten everything running with cacti, but no pretty graphs
yet, seems as thought the template info is not returning a graph either...  may
be a permissions thingy, but i have not seen anything out of the ordinary.

Sometimes I feel like I jumping out of a plane just to get a decent bird's eye
view of the network.  Shouldn't be such a science project.  So far I have built
a server using prelude-nids to (eventually) look for syn packet activity,
nagios to check connectivity, cacti to graph, and ntop to inspect packet
data...  I think I may document all this crap when I am done and start a web
page.. just to be 1337 if nothing else.
;)