RE: [Karlnet] mac table and access blocking

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] mac table and access blocking
From: "Support" <Support@karlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:02:48 -0500
On an SEC-AP setup, the MAC address put into the ACL of the AP applies to
SEC client itself as well as the MACs behind the SEC. So in order to allow
all the SEC and the MACs behind the SEC, one will have to add all those MACs
into the ACL, or simply do not put any entry into the ACL and bridge
everything ( which voids the purpose of using ACL).

Because of this type of valued customer feedback, v4.45 users will be able
to permit/deny each entry in the ACl list
separately. Also they will be able to specify whether to permit or deny the
non-listed entries. This way they will have full control. Attached is the
screen shot with the new screen. THIS BIN FILE IS IN OUR LAB, release date
has not been set. The bin file verification takes about 2-3 weeks if all
goes well.

Reg Mallory