RE: [Karlnet] Conversion of SNR values to dB

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Conversion of SNR values to dB
From: "Phil" <phil@succeed.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:44:10 -0800
I've been rewriting my programs and making changes to it, so its not
finished yet.  Basically it stores data points every minute for almost
all SNMP variables but I've not put in normal ethernet statistics yet
its just the Karlnet related data.  I store the data in RRDs with 1
minute resolution and just use some custom Perl programs to draw the
data in different ways, like filtering the data points so it is not as
random/noisy looking.  The databases end up around 3MB each but stores a
good year or so of information in them. I've been doing this for a few
years but just started redoing it because I was not happy with the old
stuff.  These graphs are just for 36hrs since I don't have a lot of data
in the new databases yet but you can go back do a year or so for
trending.  RRDtool is nice but it doesn't give you crap for data
collection/processing or graphing it the way you want, you have to
pretty much make that all up yourself.