Re: [Karlnet] What are we all going to do for CPE's?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] What are we all going to do for CPE's?
From: "bino_oetomo" <bino@indoakses-online.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:45:27 +0700
From: <gbricaire@bricaire.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:10 AM

> With all the problems we have before, I will switch to mikrotik, wich is
> inexpensive and reliable. Also supports all kinds of chipset. They just
> introduced a "polling" outdoor protocol.

I missed the years
Years of Cellwave
Years when i can talk (email) directly with Dough.

Hmm Looked like Karnet turn to be  a giant with a Slow move ...

Ok ...
I'm not A mikrotik die hard fans
But,
With mikrotik we can build a dynamic route based wireless network
Thanks to OSPF and BGP
Managed the bandwidth
HotSpot
etc etc etc

The software is fairly cheap.

If you just want TCP/IP and not some polling outdoor protocol .. WISP-Dist
or m0n0wall is the answer, it's free
StarOS ... can use Hermes/Orinoco card as AP and WDS .. Still without
polling (Around US$ 50)

Special Problem for me is finding a Pentium class SBC with 128 mb ram , eth
, PCMCIA slot .... under US$100 retail, FOB Singapore