Re: [Karlnet] RE: need some advice: interference? equip prob? I'mdyin' h

To: Dan Metcalf <dan.metcalf@wbisp.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] RE: need some advice: interference? equip prob? I'mdyin' here
From: David Dietrich <david@countrysky.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:24:33 -0600
Hello Dan,

Thanks for the reply. The thing that stands out on link test is the
signal and noise local to the base seem too low. A link just a couple
of miles away with pretty good LOS is showing -95n/-75s local at AP.
It seems the AP is hard of hearing. Yet the local SNR on the clients
is great. So the AP outbound is strong, inbound is week. Makes me
think it's the filter. And the signal jumps around, dipping 10-15 db
at times. Seems like it has to be a prob at the base, cable or
something. There are discards/errors on both sides, they seem pretty
low compared to the packet count.

Thx - David