NA-User

[na-user] NAQP in 2000

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NAQP in 2000
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com> (Bruce Horn)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:00:42 -0800
At 10:28 PM 12/27/99 -0600, Bob NX5M wrote:

>When will there be an update so that we can enter the country prefix
>instead of the old "DX" in the qth field for NAQP to follow the rule
>change for the 2000 NAQPs?

NA is compliant with the QTH logging requirements of the NAQP CW/SSB
contests and has been for some time. The requirement only stipulates that
the country prefix be logged for North American countries, which NA handles
automatically based on the call sign. You are not required to log the QTH
of countries outside of North America, so "DX" in the QTH field is fine.

However, I don't know whether Dave has updated NA to add Nunavut to the
list of multipliers for the NAQPs.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)
NAQP SSB Contest Manager