NA-User

Re: [NA-User] System Requirements

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] System Requirements
From: "Dennis Ponsness" <wb0wao@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:53:24 -0500
Dave,
OK, I think I understand it. I was aware of the limitations on WinXP and running CW out from NA to the rig. While I don't do a whole lot of CW 'tests right now, eventually I will be. I suppose that I can do CW "the old - fashioned way" <grin>. My main concern was two-fold : one, to link up two 'puters in a network to use NA and two, to be able to connect to the 'net for access to a telnet cluster. I have NA talking to my K2, so that is OK. I did look and see that there were I/O boards still available that had 2 serial ports on them. I thought that I with a minimum of 3 serial ports on each machine, I could use one for rig control, one for the NA network and the other one (on each machine) would be used for the WinTelnetX in/out. I do have a dual serial board that was in an old machine here that I may "experiment with" and see what I can do. While I don't have the second rig yet, I can see if I can use the dual I/O board to loop back WinTelnetX. Hopefully that will give me telnet access in/out as well as rig control. Will have to do that later on in the week after I get the SSB board in and checked out in the K2.

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan
K2 #3555
Charter Member - Michigan DX Association
www.qsl.net/wb0wao
:=)