Re: [Orion] RX Ant Selection

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] RX Ant Selection
From: "BarryG" <n1eu@myway.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:46:17 -0500 (EST)
Yes, it's the firmware solution you point to in the end Jim. The idea I
proposed is for the main rx and subrx to be able to select either Beverage. If
I correctly grok the Orion as it now ships, the main rx can only listen to the
Beverage connected to the rx ant port.

73,
Barry N1EU

 --- On Sun 12/21, Jim Reid < jimr.reid@verizon.net > wrote:From: Jim Reid
[mailto: jimr.reid@verizon.net]To: n1eu@myway.com, orion@contesting.comDate:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:03:54 -1000Subject: Re: [Orion] RX Ant SelectionBarry N1EU,
wondered:

I believe this will almost do as Barry desires:

1. Main RX/TX on Ant 1.
2. VFO A, TX
3. Sub RX on Ant 2, to a Bev ant 1
4. VFO B on Sub Rx
5. Main RX/TX RX ANT button/light ON,
with a second Bev plugged into the RX ANT
connection.

Does this mean the Main RX is ONLY on the RX ant,
but the Main rig is set to TX on VFO A, which signal
goes out via ANT 1. I can get both the ANT 1 and the RX
ANT light each to respond/light up under the Main RX/TX
column of choices. If this does NOT work, then why does
not the light for ANT 1 extinguish for the Main RX/TX
when I push and illuminate the RX ANT button?

However, if you push the Main RX/TX selection to ANT 1,
the RX ANT only light extinguishes, and you would
still be rcving on the Main rcvr from the Bev connected to
ANT 2, but would have to go back to ANT 1 for xmit;
otherwise, you would attempt to transmit into the Beverage!

A firmware solution would be to leave the TX on ANT 1 when
the ANT 2 is pushed, under the Main RX/TX column AFTER/
or WHEN ALSO the RX ANT button for the Main RX/TX has
ALREADY also been selected and pushed.....
..is that clear?....as mud.

This would put the Main RX on ANT 2, but leave the VFO A
TX on ANT 1.

73, Jim KH7M