Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Topband: BDR redux

To: orion@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Topband: BDR redux
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:26:57 -0500
Grant Youngman wrote:

> The crash of the Hindenburg was a disaster.  The threshold control
> can be set up to be one button push away ...

That's exactly too much for me :-)

> Not sure I understand why adjusting THRESHOLD should have any
> impact on S-Meter indication ???

I'm not sure either, just a though that it's position should
be indicated in relation to signal levels presented on the S meter.
Those 5-digit microvolts (with ~1 digit accuracy) are impossible
to relate to actual band conditions in a short time.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN