[Orion] Sherwood test results reformatted

To: "Orion Reflector" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Sherwood test results reformatted
From: "Charlie, W0YG" <w0yg@myawai.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:59:51 -0000
For some reason the test results wrapped so that they are hard to read.  I
am going to try to redo them below so they are easily understood:

Dynamic Range Test

100 KHz    20 KHz    5 KHz     2 KHz    1 KHz      Spacing
86.5dB       85dB      79dB          79dB       **          20 KHz filter

                   94dB      94dB         85dB                       6 KHz
filter
                   96dB      95dB         89dB                       2.4 KHz
filter
                   96dB      95dB         93dB                       1.8 KHz
filter
                   96dB      94dB         93dB                       1.0 KHz
filter
                   81dB      81dB         75dB                       500 Hz
filter
                   81dB         *               *
250 Hz filter

*Rob indicates the gain on the 500 and 250 Hz filters is so high that the
noise floor increases considerably and degrades the performance of the
receiver so he isn't really testing thoroughly with those selections.
Perhaps TenTec and modify their radio either through a software upgrade of
with hardware to increase the usefulness of these two tighter filter
selections although I have indeed used them to my advantage.

**Test results not yet ready.

So, if this doesn't wrap, you can see that Rob's test give a 93dB dynamic
range with the 1 KHz filter at a close in spacing of 2 KHz, something the
ARRL test does not explore.  Also the gain is at 100% and the preamp is off.

Hope this reformatting works so that it is a bit clearer as the other
message I posted is essentially useless to understand.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>