[Orion] Switching between two Transverters on the Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Switching between two Transverters on the Orion
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:45:03 -0500
I have been using a DEMI 6M transverter with the Orion. Although I am having a minor problem with it, which may lie in the transverter and not the Orion, it is working quite well. I recently picked up a used DEMI 2M transverter and would like to be able to switch between the two. It would be necessary to switch three lines: RX IF, TX IF and the XVRTR KEY. Assuming I were to use coax for all the connections, are there any special precautions to observe regarding the switch type and wiring? Is such a switch advisable at all? In other words would I be taking a chance in compromising transverter receive performance?

I'd appreciate any input on these questions.

Tnanks and 73,

Joe
K2XX