[Orion] No PTT on TX - PSK31 - Orion

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] No PTT on TX - PSK31 - Orion
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:53:12 -0500
Hi guys,

Well after my Virtual PC totaled out my chip I have gotten my Orion
back from TT.  They were very quick and helpful.. I'm not sure
whether I totalled out the XILNX chip or just the programing.  The
invoice says "reflashed the XILNX chip." so I guess that the VPC just
removed all the programing on the chip and left the screen blank.

They "updated" the syntheizer, power distribution ALC circuit on
I.F.converter, and MIC power supply circuit on the CPU/DSP boards -
and added an RF filter to the MIC cable, checked alignment and
operation and burned it in for 24 hours and got it back within a week!

Everything on the Orion seems to be working FB.  However, when I
re-connected everything up (my Mac G5 computer and keyspan serial to
USB adapter, and Signline SL-1+ and tried to  run PSK31 with both
cocaModem and multimode - it receives just fine; but, I can't get it
to key the PTT in the Orion.  The red PTT light in the SignaLink is
flashing - but it is not keying the Orion.

All the memories were wiped out and I need to reset all my settings
(if I can find where, or if, I wrote them down).  However, I think I
am overlooking something fundamental the obvioius here. I'm sure
someone has a pretty good idea what I haven't done.

Thanks, (78 years old with a failing memory <gr>)!

Dick, N5XRD