[Orion] Orion I firmware

To: ditsnbits@tentec.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion I firmware
From: Andy Hamon <andyh@cwgsy.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:36:42 +0000
Guys

Loaded the new v2 firmware onto my Orion yesterday afternoon and
tried it in the ARRL test.
The "upload" went fine and after doing the Master Reset and
reconfiguring my parameters, everything is great EXCEPT one thing.

When I switch in the auto notch, the audio goes from being crystal
clear to unreadable! At setting 1, the signal is just readable, only
just. At setting 9, forget it. The radio sounds like a real cheap AM
BC receiver being overloaded. The distortion is awful.

Same result in SSB as CW.

Under firmware v1, no such problem.

Is it worth reloading the firmware?
Is it a setting a bit further up the chain that is overdriving
something when the auto notch?
Is it a user problem?

Any suggestions??

Thanks & 73