[Orion] 2.059d Receiver Audio Distortion

To: Orion Reflector <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] 2.059d Receiver Audio Distortion
From: Sherman Banks <w4atl@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:50:19 -0400
With 2.059d I hear audio distortion in SSB on peaks.  It seems to be
worse with  static crashes.  Hang time on the AGC helps but it does not
go away.  NR also makes it go away.  It is worse on wider bandwidths.  I
do not hear it on CW with narrow bandwidths on the order of 750 Hz or
less.  It goes away with 2.054.

I am surprised at all of the disussion on audio levels and other minor
issues but nothing on this glaring issue.  So I wonder if it is not a
problem with my radio with this version of firmware.  My radio does not
have the V2 hardware mod.