Re: [Orion] Orion II Sub receiver question

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion II Sub receiver question
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:13:19 -0600
Lee,
I checked out this on my ORION II running version 2.037j firmware, and did
not manage to reproduce your audio report.  My settings were, 14.020 MHz UCW
on the main receiver and 14.020.9 MHz UCW on the sub receiver.  I was
listening to N8S with about a S1 reading on the main receiver.  The pile up
on the sub receiver was typically S5-9.  I could not determine a difference
in audio amplitude of either receiver when turning them on and off, given
the same volume settings.  I tested with the radio internal speaker, an
outboard speaker connected to the rear speaker jack and with headphones
connected to the headphone jack.  Using headphone, I do find it useful to
have the DX station in both headphones and the pileup in just one of the
phones, but that is a personal preference.

Please tell me your firmware version and if the audio amplitude is still
changing there, please list out the settings and antennas used on these
receivers.  If I can manage to get this radio to do what you are
experiencing, then we might find a solution between us.
73
Ron
KA7U

Message: 2