Propagation

[Propagation] OH NO! Holes in the Sun!

To: propagation <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: [Propagation] OH NO! Holes in the Sun!
From: "Tomas Hood (NW7US)" <nw7us@sunspotwatch.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:43:31 -0700
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:07:58 -0700, cod947 <k1vv@comcast.net> wrote:

> Bands are definitely improving ...

And I think that they will continue to improve for 12 hours, except for
the moments of flaring, until late on the 16th or maybe sometime on the
17th when the CME associated with the X2.3-magnitude X-ray flare arrives
at the magnetosphere, which in turn may cause geomagnetic storms.

Check out the pictures of the X-ray flare:

<http://tinyurl.com/6e38azt>

Who said that Sunspot Cycle 24 is a dud? Slow, maybe... but it is just
starting... today: Sun Spots = 84 as of 02/13/2011; 10.7-cm Flux = 113
SFU; R3-level Radio Black-out with a magnitude X2.3 (huge) X-ray flare
peaking at 0156 UTC 15 Feb 2011. This is in keeping with my forecast that
we're going to see a steep rise in the cycle's activity this year, and
while there will be quiet periods, the active periods will become more
intense.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  No hard science behind my
opinion.

Happy DXing!

73 de NW7US
- Tomas -